• August 20, 2017, 09:55:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Social Networking

Our Google+ page
Our Facebook page

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Topics

IndianCow.Org Promotes the Products of Cow Milk, Cow Ghee, Cow Urine by indcow#
[August 03, 2017, 11:29:43 PM]

Saying Goodbye... by StevenEncal
[July 30, 2017, 02:13:41 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 359
  • stats Total Posts: 96029
  • stats Total Topics: 10549
  • stats Total Categories: 3
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 137

Author Topic: Site outage...  (Read 1900 times)

Udder Juice

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Born from the udder of an alien bovine...
  • Referrals: 4
    • Udder Juice's Website
  • Steam: UdderJuice
  • XBL: Udder Juice
Site outage...
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »
Hello everyone.

As happens every year, HostGator cannot seem to auto-renew my domain and hosting so the site was down last week.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  We are now paid up through another year.

After that I'm not sure what will happen.

The site has not really grown over the years the way I hoped it would despite my best efforts to promote it. There is the core group that continues to use it and I don't want to leave them out in the cold.

Those of us that actually game together have been using a really nice app called Discord for hanging out, general chat and organizing game nights.  It actually works better because it's more like a chat program.  Messages and conversations happen in real time and it's more spontaneous.  We have several text and voice chat channels and it is working really well.

You can learn more in this thread: http://digitalbbq.net/index.php?topic=10937.0

If you are one of the people that actually use the site for discussion I urge you take a look at the app.  I think you will find it an enjoyable alternative to the website and it's free.  There is a high probability that we will be moving to the app after this year.  It's been a great run and the Digital BBQ has been a big part of my life for many years now.  I've made some great friends and I'd hate to see that go but the time and money that I am putting into it have reached the point of diminishing returns.

If anyone is interested in taking over and/or sharing the responsibilities please let me know.  In the meantime, download the Discord app on your PC and phone and join us there!

Udder